Pipeline Tooling for XR Production
Drawing on our two decades of experience in film- and game-pipeline development, DigitalFish is helping studios old and new create production pipelines and artist tools for Extended Reality (XR) experiences.
For Google Spotlight Stories, our multi-year onsite involvement was end-to-end, including:
- User-experience design and software development of story-editing tools
- Plugins hosted in standard Digital Content Creation (DCC) applications for creation and mark-up of story content
- Story build-pipeline engineering for generating and delivering efficient runtime assets to device
- Engine-level development, for example, in developing and integrating the first mobile-ready implementation of Pixar’s OpenSubdiv
- Test infrastructure to automate continuous quality assurance of story and engine across varied devices
- All-levels optimization, from assets to machine code, of stories and the custom runtime engine to achieve memory and performance goals.
Spotlight Stories “Piggy” – Mark Oftedal for DigitalFish
XR Experience Design and Production
DigitalFish creatives, technical artists and engineers have been in the trenches of production on numerous AR and VR titles, including five years onsite with the Oscar nominated and Emmy award-winning Spotlight Stories, onsite creating social-AR experiences for Facebook Portal, experimental serious-games titles for training, and AR interface design for harsh working environments.
With such a broad variety of titles delivered across a wide array of platforms and devices, DigitalFish brings unparalleled breadth of capability and experience to plan and execute XR production projects large and small.