Lune is the clean, simple 2D animation tool that lets you focus on motion instead of technology. It’s for pros who want that traditional light table feeling—and anyone who wants to feel closer to their art.
Lose the million tools and menus you’ll never use. Just start drawing.
Designed by and for the world’s best animators
We created Lune for one of the most storied studios in animation history. The idea was simple: to help their legendary 2D animators carry their talent into the CG world. The result is a tool that brings back the simple joy of making drawings come to life:
- An uncluttered drawing canvas
- That soft-lead-on-paper feel
- A gum eraser for gently rubbing down your lines
- Faithful capture of every stroke nuance
- Traditional X-Sheet
- Unlimited drawing levels
- Intuitive marking and flipping of keyframes
- Off-peg drawing and re-pegging / place & trace inbetweens
- Full vector workflow so you never face the jaggies
- A streamlined UI, so nothing gets between you and your art
Try it (you know you want to).
It doesn’t do everything.
Which is kind of the whole point.
- Rough out that first pass
- Maybe clean up that line or add color
- Integrate into Unity (or export to wherever)
The joy of animation is back
The DigitalFish team has decades of major feature animation work under our belts. We built Lune for a big studio, then developed it further for the wider world of studio and prosumer animators. Ready when you are.
You’ll be drawing in minutes.
Oh and one more thing…
For 3D character animation, check out Reflex the artist’s animation tool.
You’re in for a treat.
Want to see what we can do for you?